Stuck and Happy

"See ya!" I say to the cat as I pick up my purse and head out the door. Rolling up the garage door, piles of snow greet me all around the drive. "I hope I don't get stuck..." I mused. Saying a quick prayer, I back my car out of the garage. "Back up, turn wheel to the right, go slow...ummm, go fast..." My heart sinks. Yup. Stuck...
"Okaayy!" I say to no-one in particular. "Guess I'll just have to go get a shovel." 
"Hello kitty!" I greet the inquisitive face peering around the door as I renter the house. I go to the garage and open the door. Shovel in hand I start nudging the snow around the tires to try to help gain traction. Doesn't work. After another try, I decide to use another method - wood. I find scarp pieces of wood and put them under the wheels. "That outta work!" I think to myself. But it doesn't. In fact, nothing worked. My car is still stuck approximately ten feet from my garage. At first when this happened, I felt tempted to feel frustrated. I had important errands to run and wanted to get on with the day. Why did this have to happen now? But as I was trying to nudge the snow around my stubborn tires I met a powerful lesson.
My car was stuck on only a couple inches of snow. This part of the driveway was mostly packed and the "mound" my tires were trying to climb was mostly just a tiny pile of fluffy snow. No big deal. But my car has front-wheel drive and it is weak. It simply could not get over the tiny bit of challenging snow. I wonder how many times we are like my car. Intimidated, weak and discouraged. Facing what seems like a huge mound of problems - spinning out in life. Stuck. But just like my perspective of the obstacle's difficulty was so much different than my car's, God's perspective of our problem is much different than ours. Our big, complex problems are simple, fluffy bits of snow to Him! If we take our eyes off our problems and fix them on our Creator and Problem Solver, we will find that our problems fade away and pretty soon we are back on the road of life. Everlasting life. It's an inspiring thing to think about!


Comments

Popular Posts